Saturday, October 1, 2011

Ice Cream

I love ice cream! A lot!

When I was a child, ice cream was the best treat in the world - it was a special treasure for the entire family.  Ice cream was a dessert that brought us all together, especially on a warm, hot, or even scorching hot summer day!  I remember going for ice cream from the carry-out near our house. My dad would say that we were going out for ice cream, and we all piled into his car and went the the carry out for homemade ice cream!

Their ice cream was a very special version of this frozen treat. They dipped it in that hot chocolate dip, you know, the kind that hardens and then forms that tasty crunchy shell?  Oh my, that was the best ice cream in the world.  As I remember, they would dip the vanilla ice cream into the red strawberry flavored dip sometimes too!  I tell you what, that was and is ice cream heaven!

Other good times I remember with ice cream was that we would make it at home.  We bought one of those ice cream makers with the crank, and we  made our own ice cream the way we wanted to make it, from the comfort of our home!  That ice cream was the best ever!

I remember once we even made ice cream at 4-H camp, with two coffee cans and salt and ice.  I guess salt water lowers the temperature of the ice to the point where it freezes the cream and the milk and the other ingredients, and we were able to make ice cream in the summer time in Texas!

Again, eating ice cream is a passion of mine, so I thought I would blog about it!  I hope you come back and read more about ice cream on my ice cream blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment