Sunday, October 2, 2011

Pumpkin Ice Cream: That Fall Flavored October Treat


 Around this time of year we get to enjoy pumpkin ice cream, which is a popular flavor among many ice cream stores and chains. Pumpkin ice cream isn't really flavored like a pumpkin, but is a combination of different flavorings and spices that go into pumpkin pie. Some types do contain a little bit of pumpkin, and thus have a little bit of beta-carotene and other nutrients that are common to squashes.

I like pumpkin ice cream mainly because it reminds me of the fall. Autumn is the time of year when everything I eat is essentially pumpkin flavored. Coffee, bread, and anything I can get, I put pumpkin flavoring in. This is why I eat a lot of pumpkin ice cream in October and November.

Some people are grossed out by pumpkin ice cream. I know some people that absolutely love it, and others that absolutely hate it. However, it is like anything else, people will always have their own preferences, and there is not much you can to change their minds. Some people just like good old fashioned flavors, while others prefer wilder and more exotic ingredients.

As the weather gets colder, and the autumn leaves turn yellow, red, and orange, I crave the chilly creamy treat that is pumpkin ice cream, in fact, I think I will go out and buy some right now, paired with a cup of pumpkin spice coffee of course!

No comments:

Post a Comment